Friday 6 August 2010

5th August - Freedom at last.........

8.15am. Mr Cutts (good name for a surgeon) deems me fit to be discharged later that day, to return on x, y and z for updates.......

All i need is dressings changed, casts to be put on, physio assessment , a banana board and am on my way.........
sounds easy?

Essentially, communications between different parties are at best pants. If I had been told that casts do not happen until mid-late afternoon, I probably wouldn't have asked at 1.30pm, so when am I getting my casts then, or "Sister, 5 hours ago you said I would be getting new dressings. Where are they?"

Eventually I have dressings changed and casts on and set, so it's the banana board test - hich is really quite simple in the hospital ward - even more so when yuo turn the board round the correct way, as opposed to the way I was initially shown, but shock, horror, there are no banana boards in stock. One has been ordered to be delivered to my house tomorrow, but I will have to stay in overnight............toys were thrown from prams somewhat, and eventually Tony the physio stepped in with "Sister, yuo are seriously thinking of keeping this patient in for the sake of a piece of plywood. Let him use ours and when his turns up tomorrow we'll get ours back." +1 for common sense, si I have the green light to fire up the....er..... er........chariot.

No comments:

Post a Comment